Saturday, March 14, 2015

The Hubs Builds An Ozark Hillbilly Fairy Dollhouse

The hubs has been busy in the shop working on
my request for a simple, sturdy, playable, rustic, 
hillbilly fairy dollhouse.  BIG request, I know & 
frankly, I wasn't sure what to expect.
 I could tell a story about the time I wore a "pair 
of sunglasses" while we painted our daughters
 bedroom, followed by a re-paint 2 days later, instead,
I'll just say, I had my fingers crossed he wouldn't 
paint the beautiful barn wood hot pink!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I peeked in several times to see the progress.  The
beginnings of a porch & an adorable little fairy door.
I gave the hubs a "thumbs up".
 Lots of walls, a roof & round fairy windows with trim. 
This is lookin' good!  Another "thumbs up".
 
A rustic working door latch & hinges.
  A big "thumbs up".
 
The hubs loves glue & clamps.  
Actually, he loves all tools.
 
Big tools, little tools and especially tools he can
hook up to the air compressor....for lots of power!
He's a happy guy when he's in his domain.
I saw him wire brushing the barn wood, 
& doing lots of sanding.  I spotted a can of
gray stain.  HUGE sigh of relief & a double 
"thumbs up".
 
 
 
 

 
 
To me, he waved his magic wand & poof.......
a simple, sturdy, playable, rustic, hillbilly fairy dollhouse.
Just what I requested, how could I have doubted him?
It's an absolute hillbilly hoot & I love it.
 Thank you dear!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The hubs, his brother Curt, & sailing buddy Dave
 have recently returned from the island of St. Lucia,
(eastern Caribbean) where they participated in the St.
Lucia Independence Day 2 day sailboat race.
 Congratulations on your first place win!
 
Curt, Dave & the hubs on the far right.
The hubs turned 68 in February & with 42 years of 
marriage under our belt, he still inspires & amazes me.
This is his favorite quote.
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed
 by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do.  
So, throw off the bowlines.  Sail away from the safe harbor. 
 Catch the trade winds in your sails.  
Explore.  Dream.  Discover."
 H. Jackson Brown Jr.
 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 Happy Sailing!

10 comments:

  1. Thumbs up!!! That's for sure! Your hillbilly fairy dollhouse is fabulous...a stroke of genius, really! I can almost see pretty little fairy faces peering through those little round windows. Lucky little fairies who move into this place!

    Congratulations to your husband and his sailing buddies. Love the quote!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely Fabulous! What a talented husband you have. I can't wait to see what goes inside the Hillbilly Fairy House. I'm sure you have lots of ideas already brewing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How *wonderful*! ...a great 'start' to your "fairy family"!! Are you already stitching? I can hardly wait to SEE! MaryC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm working on bedding at the moment, then some braided rugs. Haven't started fairies yet.........

      Delete
  4. Oh I love it! Cam\n't wait to see some inhabitants.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very sweet little fairie house. I love those round windows. Your husband was a born builder. Lucky little fairies who will have a great home.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's magical! Congrats on your 42 years together. Those are even more magical. :~)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love, love, love it! And it all happened so quickly! How large is the house? Can't wait to see it furnished and "lived" in!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a sweet post about your husband. And how wonderful that doll house looks! Cant wait to see how you dress it up!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How delightful! Any self respecting Hillbilly fairy would LOVE to live there. I can't wait til moving day and see it with a "lived in" results! Fun, fun, fun! Congrats on first place with sailing. I know the boys work real hard and deserve it. You must have been a child bride, as I would not have place you being married that long.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a message. I would love to hear from you.