Sunday, November 8, 2015

National Toy & Miniature Museum- Architectural Dollhouses

By the time I visited the architectural dollhouse
section I was very short on time, so I stopped by
three of my favorites This large half timber 
English country home is a delight, inside and 
out.  So much to see......
 
No interior lighting, so these are a 
little blurry, (hard to keep my hand steady)
 but, I hope you will enjoy the peek anyway.
William Robertson spent 5 years of full time work
building the double sided Twin Manors, a Georgian
 Colonial circa 1790 The attention to authenticity
and detail is absolutely jaw dropping, right down
to the microscopic door latches that can be locked
with a tiny key.
A few of the 13 spectacular rooms.
 
If you would like to learn more about
Twin Manors, click these links from
 the Toy & Miniature Blog....it's amazing.
Twin Manors-Seeing Double 
Furnishings Fit For A Georgian Colonial 
Dining In A Manor 
The Devil's In The Details
Moving Twin Manors-A View Of The Front 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The House That Abe Built is an authentic
 replica of Abraham Lincoln's boyhood home.
I admit, this is my favorite.  Even though it 
appears simple, the attention to detail
 is perfection. 
Again, no lighting, impossible to get an 
interior photo.  Here are a few from the 
Toy & Miniature Museum's blog with links.
Furnishing The House That Abe Built

Oh, if only I could touch and play.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~  
We had our first frost today, winter's on it's way. 

19 comments:

  1. "Jaw dropping" did you say? I can only shake my head in amazement! I wouldn't mind living in the English Country home, or the double-sided Twin Manors. Mr. Robertson's work is beyond spectacular, for sure! Talk about crown molding! But, like you, my favorite is The House That Abe Built. I am sure there would have been a fire burning in the fireplace tonight!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing for sure. Mr. Robertson was in his 20's when he made the 2 identical homes! One is in his private collection. If I get to go back during the holidays I will take photos of the authentic Christmas decorations that are amazing too. There is never enough time when I visit to see it all.

      Delete
  2. Holy Moly! What awesome work and attention to detail. I wonder how long it took to make the English country home? It looks like pictures from a real home, inside and out. Great fun to look at. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't how long it took to make, I should do some research. If I make it up over the holidays we'll have lunch and visit together!!!!

      Delete
  3. Oh my!! You've made me drool again :) The Abe Lincoln house is also my favorite and I agree ~ if only I could play! Thank you so much for posting these pictures and taking me to a place I'll never see.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I would love to see all of these in person. It amazes me how such detail can be done in miniature and these pictures are wonderful, they look like the real thing in actual size. Thank you for sharing these Sherri,♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish you could visit this amazing museum too, it's the best $5.00 you'll ever spend, but you'll want to go back, again and again!

      Delete
  5. I want to live in the first one. Thank you for this post, Sherri. It was incredible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think living in it would be the only way to actually see it all! Every wall, shelf, cupboard, nook & cranny is full. I am always reminded of an Agatha Christie Miss Marple book. Is there a mystery lurking somewhere......

      Delete
  6. My favorite is the log cabin too! Would love to have one just like it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could bring it home too. Actually, it's the only one that would fit in my little house, the others are huge!

      Delete
  7. Oh I love the English Country Manor Home. The workmanship is incredible. I can't imagine spending 5 years. What a fabulous passion. It looks so very realistic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is so much fun to see. Every room is full to the brim!

      Delete
  8. All of the doll houses are wonderful. I do like the first one best, but they are all amazing. I have seen pictures of abe lincoln's log house. It is a beautiful log cabin. thanks for the pictures as I doubt I will never get to the museum to see them in person. The pictures are great, and I can only imagine all the work that went into making all the houses, or just one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The English country home is really fabulous, I would love to get inside and play!

      Delete
  9. The attention to detail is amazing. I could not imagine putting one of these together. Such tiny items to handle. Beautiful to look at and I could spend hours taking it all in. I imagine that you would find or notice different things each time you visit. There is so much to look at. I have some miniature furniture that my grandfather put together for me. They were museum replica kits. I so look forward to getting settled somewhere and being able to unpack them and wishful thinking that maybe I would have a house to put them in someday. Thanks for sharing Sherri. I have enjoyed your posting on your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mr. Robertson's work is stunning. I visited each link you posted and bookmaked so that I can go back and read more. I so love the photos you posted of each doll house. I am still not finished with my doll house and this has given me so much inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoyed the post. It is truly an inspiring place to visit. I have a few Dora Kuhn room boxes from Germany I have collected. I should work on a post in the future.

      Delete

Leave me a message. I would love to hear from you.