Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Eliza Jane Butternut

Eliza Jane Butternut

Eliza Jane is 15 inches tall and sewn entirely by
hand. She is lightly tea dyed with PG
Tips (my hubby's favorite English tea) to
 give her a mildly aged look.



She's wearing a quilted calico Button
Bonnet that has 3 vintage shell buttons.




 Her hair is wool yarn braided
into a bun.



She has a simple embroidered face.


She is carrying a hand
made primitive buttocks basket
made especially for her be
my good friend Teresa.


Her petticoat, pantalettes & chemise
are cotton muslin.


Her dress is a cotton flannel homespun in
 a maroon red and tan check.  Her apron is osnaburg.


Eliza Jane is made of cotton utility
cloth stuffed with wool roving. 
She has dark brown boots and
stripped socks. 


  She is signed, dated & comes with a
special wooden "Make Do Doll" tag.
Look for Eliza Jane at Early Work Mercantile.
1st of February

8 comments:

  1. Eliza Jane turned out beautifully. You have the greatest taste in dressing your dolls...love the print you chose for her bonnet. I can almost feel the softness of her cotton flannel homespun dress. And, I am sure Eliza Jane is so pleased with her primitive buttocks basket!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eliza Jane is just simply sweet, love her little bonnet.
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Connie, I appreciate your positive comments!

      Delete
  3. She is breath-taking, Sherri. That bonnet! Very well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eliza Jane is wonderful and is beautifully dressed from her lovely bonnet down to her pantelettes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. She's absolutely adorable! I especially love her bonnet.

    -Laura

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, Sherri, what wonderful suggestions you thought of for the challenge! But, I think it's too late. Wasn't yesterday the deadline? Thank you for thinking of me!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a message. I would love to hear from you.